Everything you need to start using the Lighthouse.io mobile application
This help guide steps through getting started on the mobile application - from downloading the app to tracking your users location and submitting workflow.
1. Downloading the Mobile App to your Staff Devices
The Lighthouse.io mobile app is available from the Apple App and Google Play store. It is free to download and will work with any iOS or Android device. To download:
- Navigate to the Apple App or Google Play Store
- Search "Lighthouse.io" (Tip: make sure you type the full name!)
- Click Install
- Accept all permissions on download
Note: bluetooth beacon users will also be prompted to turn on Bluetooth.
Users operating an MDM (mobile device management system) can download the app through Apple App or Play Store or may request an .apk (Android only) file from Lighthouse.
2. Logging into the Mobile App for the first time (and every time after that)
- Application ID: a short identifier for your company. Often your company name or acronym all lowercase. This will only be required on first log-in
- Username: unique username or email address
- Password: unique password (established on first log-in to web console or provided by your company)
Note: if you are also a web console user, your username and password can be reset by going to https://app.lighthouse.io or contacting email@example.com. If you are a mobile-only user, contact your System Administrator for your user credentials.
Having trouble? This Mobile Log-In Troubleshooting guide covers the most common log-in issues and how to resolve.
Still need to add users? Check out this article on adding new users.
3. Mobile app features
- Location tracking: as long as users have accepted all location permissions per above, Lighthouse will automatically track location in the background. Users will be visible on a live map and a complete record of location history is searchable in the Event report
- Messages: 1:1 or 1:Many messages between mobile users and mobile and web users. To send a message, select the compose icon in the top right of the app and create a message group by selecting the users you want to receive the message
- Forms (Tasks, Issues, Audits): forms created in Lighthouse will be automatically visible in the mobile app. To submit a form, click the Compose icon in the top right and select the form template to complete. A mobile form will open for the user to complete and submit.
- Tasks: repeatable or regularly scheduled activities (i.e. activity report, bathroom checklist)
- Issues: used for reporting ad hoc events or incidents (i.e. incident report)
- Audits: used for scoring or assessing something (i.e. inspections)
- Activity: chronological list of activity on site including shifts started/finished, forms submitted and exceptions. Clicking into an activity item will display the mobile record. Activity is responsive to location meaning, if a user is within a Location geofence, the Activity feed will update for that location.
- Scan: used for scanning QR codes. Clicking on scan will automatically open a camera. The flash button in the top right turns on a flashlight for dim-lit locations. If a form has been assigned to a QR zone, scanning the code will open a quick link to the required form to complete.
Mobile App Guide:
4. Logging out of the Mobile App
To log-out of the Lighthouse mobile app, click on the menu icon in the top left of the mobile app. Select "Log-out and End Shift" and Confirm.
The mobile app will sync any data that has cached during your session. Once we are sure that any data collected during the shift has been sent to Lighthouse, you will be logged out.
Note: you MUST have a data (cellular or WiFi) connection to log-out of the Lighthouse mobile app!
5. Frequently Asked Questions
- I can't log-in
- Can Lighthouse track my location when I am not signed in?
- What data does Lighthouse have access to on my device?
- Why can't I see all my completed scans in Recent Activity
- What are repeatable fields?
- Error: Offline - Connection Required to Log-In
- Helpful Tips and Good Practices